Principal Assembly Usher (Support)
Príomh-Uiséir an Tionóil (Tacaíocht)
The main duties and responsibilities of the post are:
- Acting as a member of the Usher Services management team which includes leading, managing and developing Senior Ushers and two administrative staff.
- Overseeing and managing administrative support within the Usher Services office.
- Preparing and maintaining standing orders and procedures in support of business.
- Overseeing the ongoing development and management of the Assembly ID pass system, the Assembly postal service and the lost property operation.
- Taking personal responsibility for implementing DPA and UK GDPR legislation in Usher Services.
- Assisting in the procurement and requisition of material and equipment, and providing contract management support as required.
- Assisting in the preparation of budgetary material in support of Head of Usher Services.
- Assisting in the preparation of Information Security and Information Assurance material in support of Head of Usher Services including the management of information and records.
- Participating in project management for Usher Services projects.
- Assisting in the development and management of the Assembly Business Continuity plan.
- Complying with all of the Assembly Commission’s staff policies and procedures, including Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies and procedures and all mandatory training requirements.
- Assisting with and participating in the provision of Usher Services support to Assembly Plenary sittings and Committees sessions.
- Providing on-call supervision on a rostered basis.
- Standing in for the Principal Assembly Usher (Operations) in their absence.
- Assisting in the oversight and management of the Assembly’s Closed Circuit TV (CCTV) system at Parliament Buildings.
- Assisting with the delivery of Usher Services staff training.
Additionally, carrying out other duties that the Assembly Commission reasonably requires.