The main duties and responsibilities of the job:
- Providing high quality customer service to a diverse range of customers, both internal and external.
- Managing own work to ensure the delivery of objectives.
- Providing accurate information in a professional and helpful manner by referring to organisational policies and procedures.
- Providing high quality and timely administrative support where required, for example filing and photocopying, diary management etc.
- Inputting data and maintaining a range of databases, spreadsheets and electronic filing systems to aid the storage and retrieval of electronic documents.
- Recording and distribution of correspondence, emails, incoming mail / post, monitoring and managing electronic mailboxes and dealing with routine correspondence accurately and promptly and forwarding to relevant staff as appropriate.
- Organising and providing support to meetings, events and visits including issuing papers, ordering hospitality, meeting and greeting external visitors and officials, and responding to any housekeeping queries that they may have e.g. the format of the meeting.
- Recording information to support the production of minutes and draft minutes e.g. timings of each agenda item and attendance of witnesses.
- Assisting in gathering and collating information.
- Effectively using Microsoft Office and bespoke internal Assembly software systems and databases to prepare documents.
- Maintaining hard copy and electronic information systems to ensure a clear and organised file of all correspondence, papers, minutes, agendas.
- Checking and processing invoices for payment through electronic payment system.
- Complying with all Assembly Commission’s staff policies and procedures including Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies and procedures.
- Carrying out other duties that the Assembly Commission reasonably requires of you.