The main duties and responsibilities of the post are:
System Administration and Maintenance
- Maintenance: To schedule all housekeeping tasks and processes in relation to the various modules and ensure they are running at optimum performance levels;
- New modules: To ensure that any new modules are built, tested and implemented, within scoped parameters and in line with Assembly Commission security profiles and GDPR legislation;
- Upgrades: In consultation with the Finance and HR Offices, schedule and test all related upgrades and arrange periodic database copies to the test and development sites;
- Troubleshooting: Act as the first point of contact for any queries in relation to the system, to log necessary calls with the system provider, and keep users up to date on queries raised;
- Contributing to Contract Management: To be the first point of contact with the system provider for any issues, monitoring the delivery of consultancy work, managing query resolution and case management and monitoring the relevant contract key performance indicators and provide this information to the overall Contract Manager;
- Change verification: Protect the integrity of the system data by ensuring only authorised changes are carried out;
- System and user audits: Conduct data audits and data cleansing exercises, user audits, and security access audits.
- User guides: Create and maintain documentation for Finance, Payroll and HR processes, ensuring it is relevant, easy to follow and is kept up to date;
- Training: Take responsibility for all system training materials, ensuring all new users are given the necessary training on the system and that regular refresher training is provided to all Assembly Commission staff; which may be face to face, or via the development and maintenance of eLearning courses. Training will also need to be provided to Members, Members’ support staff and Party support staff as required.
- Data extraction: Produce ad hoc management information reports for senior managers, and the Finance and HR Offices to enable strategic and management decisions;
- Advice and Assistance: Provide assistance to the Finance and HR Offices to enable them to produce reports/audit reports as required;
- Report / Dashboard creation: In consultation with the Finance and HR Offices, develop the reporting outputs from the system, including editing/creating new reports and building dashboards, taking responsibility for report data quality (control totals for reports, all reports having the same definition of terms used, etc.).