Human Resources Supervisor
Maoirseoir Acmhainní Daonna
Main roles and responsibilities of the Human Resources Supervisor:
- Assist with the planning, organising and co-ordinating efficient and effective recruitment competitions. This will include arranging meetings and interviews and providing advice and guidance to selection panels in line with the relevant policies.
- Co-ordinate and implement an effective on-boarding process for new staff to include liaising with managers and other key stakeholders.
- Support the management of sickness absence in accordance with relevant Assembly Commission policies e.g. update and maintain data, monitor and report on sickness absence levels, providing statistics for monthly reports and liaise with the occupational health adviser and staff support service for medical reports.
- Support managers and staff with their duties relating to performance management.
- Provide timely and accurate advice and guidance to managers and staff on a wide range of Human Resources policies and procedure, seeking advice from the HR Services Team Manager and senior HR manager as appropriate.
- Assist in the review and development of Human Resources policies and procedures, including research, liaison with other organisations and consideration of legislation and good practice.
- Maintain and provide accurate and timely HR management information and manage information in line with data protection policies and procedures.
- Provide administrative support for Disciplinary, Grievance and Dignity at Work investigations and return to work interviews.
- Update and maintain data in relation to vacancy management, including the management of staff in post within agreed complement, assisting in the production of management information papers, ensuring that information is stored appropriately and in line with legislative requirements.
- Liaise with a range of recruitment agencies regarding the placement of agency workers.
- Collate and maintain accurate Equal Opportunities information to facilitate statutory returns, ensuring that data is stored appropriately and in line with legislative requirements.
- Co-ordinate learning and development (L&D) activities including planning the arrangements for L&D events; responding to L&D queries; processing invoices related to L&D; taking forward actions following training e.g. evaluation/feedback etc.
- Collate information to inform responses to Assembly Questions, Freedom of Information and Data Protection requests.
- Support the HR Services Team Manager in the maintenance of the integrated Payroll and Human Resources Management System.
- Provide operational advice to staff on the various software packages used within the HR Office.
- Comply with the Assembly Commission’s Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies and procedures and
- You may also be required to carry out other duties that the Assembly Commission reasonably requires of you.