Human Resources Services Team Manager
The main duties of the role are to:
- Support the Senior HR Management Team in the effective management of the HR Office and maintaining a positive working environment.
- Manage a team of staff to plan, organise, co-ordinate and monitor the provision of efficient and effective HR services to Assembly Commission managers and staff.
- Manage recruitment and selection competitions including coordinating all administrative duties such as setting up planning meetings and interviews and also providing advice and guidance to selection panels using the relevant policies.
- Co-ordinate an effective on-boarding process.
- Manage workforce planning processes.
- Support the management of sick absence in accordance with relevant policies e.g. monitor and report on sickness absence levels; liaise with the occupational health adviser and staff support service; carry out sickness absence review meetings and make decisions/recommendations regarding formal administrative action in relation to sickness absence.
- Support managers and staff with their duties relating to performance management.
- Provide accurate and timely HR advice to management and staff in accordance with the provisions of the Staff Handbook.
- Assist in the review and development of human resources policies and procedures, including research, liaison with other organisations and consideration of legislation and good practice.
- Assist with and/or conduct formal investigations in accordance with the complaints policies, including investigation meetings, preparation of minutes and formulation of accurate and timely investigation reports.
- Support effective management of the integrated Payroll and HR Management System (HRMS) including liaison with the third party system provider for consultancy requirements and with the helpdesk to resolve issues/queries.
- Maintain and provide accurate and timely HR management information and manage information in line with data protection policies and procedures.
- Ensure that equality data is provided in an accurate and timely way to meet statutory obligations.
- Draft responses to Assembly Questions, Freedom of Information and Data Protection requests.
- Comply with all Assembly Commission policies and procedures, including the Equal Opportunities Policies and Dignity at Work Policy.
- Carry out other duties that the Assembly Commission may reasonably require of you.