Head of IT
As Head of IT you will be responsible for the delivery of a wide range of IT services to approximately 1,000 users. You will have the opportunity to shape and deliver modern technology solutions to support users through the provision of secure, resilient and fit for purpose technology. You will lead the IT function and will work with the Senior Management Team to align technology-related decisions with the Corporate Strategy, ensuring that systems are secure, stable and robust.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading and high profile organisation and apply your dynamic leadership skills and professional knowledge to a challenging and rewarding position. We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated, impactful leader who will lead a customer-focussed function that will contribute positively to the delivery of high-quality services. You will need to have a well-developed knowledge of technology solutions, a strong customer ethos and a proven ability to work both at a strategic and operational level.
You will hold or have held significant, high-level accountability for mission critical IT systems in a large and complex organisation.
The main duties and responsibilities of the post are:
- Developing the IT vision, strategy and accompanying action plan and delivering it through a robust programme and project management framework, in line with best practice, to support the continuing digital transformation of Assembly and Assembly Commission business.
- Identifying future challenges in the IT landscape and developing relevant mitigation strategies.
- Researching and evaluating existing and emerging technologies, products and services, particularly cloud computing, to identify potential areas of improvement and support new ways of working.
- Providing advice to the Director of Parliamentary Services, Senior Management Team and the Assembly Commission on IT-related matters.
- Representing the Assembly at external forums and events, building and maintaining effective and constructive external relationships.
- Managing a small and diverse team of IT staff.
- Directing and organising IT-related projects.
- Ensuring the availability of the network, services and data.
- Managing application (software) development and production of customised IT solutions including the Assembly Information Management System (AIMS) Programme.
- Managing day-to-day helpdesk and business relationship management activities.
- Overseeing IT budgeting and forecasting.
- Formulating implementing and reviewing IT-related aspects of business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant delivery, security and risk management standards.
- Ensuring that the IT team have the knowledge, skills and experience to fulfil individual and organisational needs and ambitions.
- Managing and mitigating IT security and cyber risks and ensuring the Assembly Commission’s data and systems remain secure by keeping up to date on the latest cyber security threats.
- Managing the procurement and implementation of new software and hardware, ensuring alignment with requirements while demonstrating value for money.
- Manage information and records in accordance with established policies and statutory requirements.
- Comply with all of the Assembly Commission’s staff policies and procedures including Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies and procedures.
You may also be required to carry out other duties that the Assembly Commission reasonably requires of you.