Digital Content Editor
Eagarthóir Ábhair Dhigitigh
The main duties and responsibilities are:
- Publishing to and administration of the content management system used on the main Assembly website and the Assembly’s intranet – including page building within the templates, maintenance and the monitoring of user access accounts.
- Publishing to and administration of the Assembly’s WordPress based micro-sites – including page building (design), maintenance and the monitoring of user access accounts.
- Monitoring mailboxes for web publishing and content creation requests, completing work within agreed deadlines. Providing training and guidance to colleagues throughout the organisation on the different content management systems.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance matters, such as, GDPR and accessibility to ensure that all content meets these standards.
- To provide training and support to colleagues to ensure content is developed in accordance with the relevant style guides and regulatory compliance matters, such as, GDPR and accessibility.
- Taking part in ideation sessions for the creation of new content.
- Working closely with the Communications Officers to help them create and evaluate content for external awareness and engagement campaigns such as social adverts and organic social media posts (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and also for internal communications.
- Assist with the filming of videos for both internal and external audiences.
- Exporting video clips of Plenary Sessions and Committee meetings to create online archives or in response to requests from MLAs, journalists, Executive Departments and members of the public.
- Maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders including MLAs, Assembly Commission staff, officials from Executive departments and members of the public.
- Managing information and records in accordance with established policies and statutory requirements including the gathering of information and co-ordination of responses to information requests including Freedom of Information requests.
- Complying with all Assembly Commission’s staff policies and procedures including Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies and procedures.
- Carrying out other duties that the Assembly Commission reasonably requires of you.