Deputy Head of Information Systems Office / Principal Developer
The main duties and responsibilities of the job are:
- To lead and manage the Application Development team, providing customised ICT solutions to facilitate the work of the Assembly, its Committees, its Members and the Secretariat.
- To lead and manage the Business Relationship function, liaising with senior managers and staff across business areas involved in IT related projects and providing guidance and advice to the Business Relationship Manager as required.
- To provide professional IS and IT expertise and advice to all users in the Assembly and to provide authoritative and expert advice on application development matters to the Head of IS Office, the Director of Parliamentary Services and the Secretariat Management Group in relation to the strategic provision of IS facilities and services for the Assembly.
- To lead the development of, and support for, the ongoing development of the Assembly Information Management System (AIMS) covering the work of the Business Office, Committees, Hansard and other in-house procedural teams.
- To be responsible for the provision of technical hosting and design services, consultancy and technical support for web-based Assembly platforms.
- To take a leading role in software evaluations and development projects and to provide technical advice and support across a range of Assembly technologies.
- To develop specifications for the procurement of ICT enabled business solutions and to lead, in an IS Office representational role, in discussions with potential contractors and suppliers within the specialism.
- To lead the development, management and monitoring of IS and IT policies, procedures and systems relating to the work of the Application Development and Business Relationship teams.
- To provide advice on the development, management and monitoring of other IS and IT policies, procedures and systems for the Assembly.
- To prepare and maintain the financial, staffing, IT and training requirements for the Application Development and Business Relationship teams, for the approval of the Head of IS Office.
- To be responsible for maintaining the security, confidentiality and integrity of all internally developed Assembly information systems.
- To assist with the drafting, profiling and management of the IS Office annual budget with specific responsibility for monitoring those areas of the budget related to application software licences and subscriptions.
- To assist in the day-to-day management of a complex team of IT specialists in the IS Office. This includes all aspects of project management, recruitment, training and performance management, preparation of business plans, SMG papers, management reports and updates on progress.
- To comply with the Assembly’s Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies and procedures.
- You may also be required to carry out other duties that the Assembly Commission reasonably requires of you.