Control Room Operator (3 Posts)
Oibreoir Seomra Rialaithe (3 Phost)
Salary: £25,664 – £27,266 (plus 20% Shift Disturbance Allowance)
Closing date: 12 noon (UK time) on Friday 11 November 2022
Assembly Grade: 8
As a Control Room Operator, you will play an important role in ensuring that security and order are maintained at Parliament Buildings.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-profile organisation, and apply your skills, experience and knowledge in a challenging and very rewarding customer focussed position.
As a Control Room Operator, and member of the Usher Services team, you will primarily work in the Assembly Control Room.
Your duties will include:
- Producing accurate and up to date written and electronic incident logs and reports including faults as required;
- Proactively monitoring and responding to fire, intruder and Building Management alarm systems and activations;
- Operating the Assembly Security Management System which includes a CCTV system, and requires the production and processing of evidential quality data;
- Carrying out internal and external patrols of Parliament Buildings;
- Dealing with building maintenance enquiries and contacting relevant maintenance personnel out of hours;
- Operating Assembly building key management systems;
- Liaising by telephone with PSNI, Emergency Services and other organisations, including contacting on call staff when necessary, and providing support to colleagues and building users during emergencies and evacuations;
- Controlling access for building users and contractors including vehicular access to the upper car parks;
- Using a wide range of communication systems including telephone, email, radio and intercom systems;
- Complying with line management requests in the event of the activation of the Assembly’s Major Incident/Business Continuity plan;
- Undertaking training as required in the full range of duties, including use of SMS and CCTV systems, all building alarm systems and security equipment, First Aid and Fire safety, as well as all Assembly mandatory training;
- When not deployed directly within the Control Room, Control Room Operators will be required to perform all Usher duties within Parliament Buildings and its precincts. This will include external security patrols, static security positions and car park management;
- Responding to operational issues whilst on duty in the Control Room;
- Operating relevant Assembly IT systems;
- Complying with all of the Assembly Commission’s staff policies and procedures, including Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies and procedures and all mandatory training requirements;
- Managing information and records in accordance with established policies and statutory requirements; and
- Carrying out other duties that the Assembly Commission reasonably requires of you.
CRO Working Pattern / Shift Availability
The CRO post is a full-time role. Average net normal working hours are 37 per week, but actual hours worked each week may vary depending on the CRO shift pattern. As an applicant for a CRO post, you must be available and willing to work within the confines of the Control Room for 12 hour shifts on a shift pattern that covers 24 hours per day, seven days per week, including public and privilege holidays. Overtime may also be worked on a voluntary basis outside these shift patterns, in response to business need.
You must also be willing to undertake and successfully complete CRO training which will be delivered by Assembly staff shortly following appointment. Refresher training will be provided as appropriate.