Applicants for the post must, by the closing date for applications have:
1. Successfully completed the professional examinations and be a full current member of one of the Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies listed below:
(a) The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants;
(b) The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland;
(c) The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland;
(d) The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
(e) The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants; or
(f) The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy.
2. At least one years’ post* qualification experience of preparing financial or management accounts for a public, commercial or voluntary sector organisation in accordance with the IFRS regime as adopted for the UK;
3. Experience using Microsoft Office packages, to include MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Additionally, applicants should demonstrate experience of either 4(A) or 4(B).
4. A) At least one year’s experience of monitoring budgets and reporting on the allocation of resources for a public, commercial or voluntary sector organisation;
B) At least one years’ experience of maintaining and developing core IT financial and/or management accounting systems to assist with the monitoring of budgets and the reporting on the allocation of resources;
* “Post-qualification” experience will be deemed to have commenced from the date on which applicants are admitted to full membership of one of the professional bodies referred to at 1 above, having fully satisfied all the criteria for membership.
Should shortlisting be required, the following shortlisting criteria will be applied:
Experience of assisting in the development of policy including research and analysis of relevant best practice, legislation and case law.